Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Featured Staff: Goddess Harrison


Lincoln Eagle (LE): Where are you from?
Goddess Harrison (GH): Dayton, Ohio.
LE: Have you always lived here?
GH: Yes.
LE: What is your favorite thing about Dayton?
GH: All the different places to go and things to see. When I was a child, my father used to take me to see historic buildings and cottages. The Wright Patterson Airforce Museum is very interesting too.
LE: Where did you go to school?
GH: For elementary school, I went to Residence Park, then I went to Job Corps for Clerk Typist Training. In 2003, I graduated from Southwestern College with a degree in Administrative Assisting.
LE: What was your favorite class?
GH: It was computers. I learned most of my office management skills from Carol Eggert in Career Services. I owe most of my success to her - she was a very good teacher.
LE: If you were to work in a different field, what would you like to do?
GH: I'd like to sew - my grandmother always wanted me to be a seamstress. I would do fashion design or something like that.
LE: Do you have any favorite books or movies?
GH: I like mystery and adventure stories. I was a member of the Black Expressions publishing group and I have some books from them that I've been meaning to read. As far as movies, I saw 'The Long Kiss Goodnight' recently. I also like the TV show 'The Ghostwhisperer'.
LE: Do you have any hobbies?
GH: I love to cook, when I have the time.
LE: How did you get the name Goddess?
GH: My mother named me Goddess and my father named me Maria. They were never really a couple, so when I was at my mother's house, I went by Goddess and when I was at my father's house everyone called me Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment