Thursday, August 4, 2011

Featured Faculty: Ms. Watkins

Many of our students already know Ms. Watkins as one of our developmental instructors and the night-time assistant in the library. Get to know a little bit more!

Lincoln Eagle (LE): Where are you from?

Therese Watkins (TW): I grew up around Dayton, and graduated from High School in Xenia.

LE: Where did you go to college?

TW: I have an Associate’s degree in Computer Administration from RETS, a Bachelor’s degree in English from Wright State and a Master’s of Education from Wright State. I’m currently enrolled at Wright State’s Master of Information Systems program.

LE: What do you like best about teaching?

TW: I like the feeling that I’m helping students, and hopefully, helping to make their lives better.

LE: What is your favorite book?

TW: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.

LE: If you were to do something other than teach, what would you want to do?

TW: It would probably be something computer-related. That’s what I did before, and it is what I’m studying now.

LE: Do you have any hobbies?

TW: I’m a geek. I like attending renaissance festivals—I get dressed up in renaissance costumes.

LE: What kind of costumes?

TW: I have a long medieval dress and a sort of pirate, swashbuckler costume. I like the pirate one better because I get to wear a sword.

LE: A real sword?

TW: Yes, a real sword. I also have a collection of swords.

LE: What is your favorite thing about Dayton?

TW: It’s a cheap place to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment